Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mid-Term Check In

  My biggest challenge in this class has been writing the essays.  When you have been out of school for so long you kind of loose it.  Another challenge is having time to study, with two kids especially being one years old it is difficult.  I'm not going to lie there have been times where I am in tears because I don't think that I can do it. My biggest success is actually being able to complete my assignments.
 
  The readings in the class have been interesting.  I must say I definitely enjoyed Jonathan Swift more than the first story that we had to read.  I am excited to finally read out of the White Noise.  I am going to start that tomorrow. 

  Literary Analysis is much different than what we did in English 101.  I took that class ages ago so all I remember from that class is learning the basics, taking a typing test and we actually got to pick our topics vs. having to read literature and analyzing what we have read.

  My goals for the second half is to do better than the first half.  I hope to find a schedule so therefore I am not doing homework at mid night. I did not think that it would be this hard but for me it has been a challenge.  Especially this past week being sick, pregnant, and having a one year old and seven year old that need your attention it's been hard.  So my plan is to have a schedule.  I thought this would be a piece of cake since I am a stay at home mom I thought I would have plenty of time for school.  Reality being a stay at home mom is harder than any job that I have had.  Plus the day goes by super fast.  Saying all that I am hoping to better my writing skills and I plan to accomplish finishing the class with a good grade.  

No comments:

Post a Comment