Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog Post #13 Technology

When I decided to take courses through Yavapai college I thought online would benefit me more than being in a classroom.  Wow this was probably wrong.  It has been very difficult for me to take the English 102 course online.  I always had to do my work when my kids and husband were sleeping and sometimes the 1 year old would not go to bed until 11pm.  When I would try do work during the day my one year old would always want to be on my lap banging on my computer or due to him playing with our IPhone's he thinks that everything is touch screen so he would try to touch my computer screen. I love my baby but he always wanted to be near me seeing what I was doing.  Also reading White Noise was difficult I would literally start reading at either 10pm or 11pm and read until 2am.  Also, Blackboard would not always cooperate and for some reason internet connection is not the best in Clarkdale, Arizona. It would always freeze and boot me out.  I'm thinking that being in a class room I would have had more peace and would have been able to focus more on my assignments. When I was younger and was taking courses in the year 2000, I was seriously ADHD I could not sit still in the class room and my stomach would start growling.  So due to that I had a hard time sitting in a classroom, now that has changed, I should have taken the course in a classroom setting.

When we had to do our first video blog I was so nervous! First of all, I dislike speaking in front of people. Second, I'm not a very interesting person so what am I going to say in my video and third, ever since I got bells palsy I can not stand being in a photograph or being on video.  So that was really hard. Once, I did the video blog it was not that bad, I actually had fun with it.  I would kick everyone out of the bedroom even my husband.  The first few times I would start talking and then just start laughing because I sound ridiculous but after a few takes I got it.  I also enjoy just typing everything as well.  I would have done a video blog tonight but somebody hid my mouse to my main computer and that is the only computer that has a video camera on it. I turned the house upside down trying to find the computer mouse and came up with nothing. 

I am looking into taking more courses at Yavapai. I would like to try more classes in a classroom environment but that is hard when you have little ones and in August there is going to be another little one on the way.  So I may just stick to online courses and when the kids are older start taking the classes in a classroom.


This class has made me enjoy blogging so I just might keep blogging about everyday life and I really want to start crafting again so I will use this to show off my work.  I may even continue doing the video blogs as well.

My link today is blogging etiquette: http://idiotsguides.com/static/quickguides/computertechnology/blogging-rules-and-etiquette.html



blogging idol
 

No comments:

Post a Comment